Thursday, June 25, 2009

Answered prayer?

Well, definitely the prayer was answered, but I have yet to learn if He answered it the way I wanted Him too - or even better! Well, I prayed hard for a new job for Bryce. For a shutdown. A shutdown is a job call that is an amazing amount of work - 24 days on and 4 days off. However, the overtime money on it is huge. And while I would miss Bryce like crazy during this time - I know that it may mean that he wouldn't have to go back up to Fort MacMurray (northern Alberta middle of nowhere - hub of oil sands). I was thinking it would mean he could then get a local job (far less money) and still be able to pay his bills. Well, he got a good job call in good time. Not a shutdown - perhaps better. 21 days on and 7 days off. And now it looks like it may be long term, good job, can get another apprenticeship (which means more job opportunities), and he may even be able to choose other shift options after a bit - like 14 and 14 or 14 and 7, etc. So it means more time with him, less time away and he gets to have more time with his kids, too. I have prayed this prayer before and he ended up taking a 7 on 7 off shift and it was horribly dangerous and not a good company in which to work. But this one is union and could be good. We'll wait and see!! Still praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments, questions and stories.