Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Being Sensitive

I just watched a little youtube video where a writer/director explained how she wrote what she knew about and used her sensitive nature to become invested in the story and the characters and to describe her inspiration to the actors while directing.   She said until she wrote what she knew about and embraced her sensitive nature, which she once viewed as a great weakness, that she was a horrible writer.  It caused me to look at my own sensitive nature.  It is how God made me.  He made me with a sensitive heart.  He made my precious son, with a sensitive heart AND gave him a mother with a sensitive heart.  I have recently started to view it as a weakness; the cause of so much pain and ruin in my life. But recently I realized that I don't have to take things personally, and if I pay mind to that, I can still remain in control.  But if God made me with a sensitive heart, that is something I can use in my life.  I don't have to guard it, I don't have to protect it so it doesn't hurt; I can embrace it and use it to be what God asks of me.  I don't yet know what that is.  I think it may have something to do with death and dying and grief and prayer.  It is a topic and a reality I feel drawn to, thought I don't know in what capacity.  Perhaps some sort of counselling or volunteering.  Learning where God wants me to be; it is a journey beginning, one I look forward to being on! 

1 comment:

  1. Nicole... is this Nicole Benoit? (if it is, I had no idea you had a blog?! And a terrific one at that?!) And if this isn't "Benoit" just ignore that except for the part where I said you had a terrific blog, because I love it!

    You just commented on my blog, and I LOVED what you wrote... I just died laughing for about five minutes.

    Blessings,
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments, questions and stories.